Artwork & Words © Richard Ewing all rights reserved

Artwork & Words © Richard Ewing all rights reserved

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Coffee Mugs™

Beethoven was persnickety about his morning cup of coffee.  
He refused to drink any cup of coffee that was not made with exactly 60 coffee beans. 
Sometimes he would count them out himself to be certain. --His brewing method, reportedly, was grinding 60 coffee beans, pouring hot boiling water over them and letting them steep to death.  It was too ridiculously strong for his contemporaries!

Interestingly, that's about the same amount of beans in a standard cup of coffee-shop coffee nowadays... a little less, even!
 © Richard Ewing.  All rights reserved.
 © Richard Ewing.  All rights reserved.
 © Richard Ewing.  All rights reserved.
© Richard Ewing.  All rights reserved.
Thank you, and enjoy.  🐭

2 comments:

  1. I was determined to cancel my blog .... but seeing this, I will keep it in order missing none of your future posts. It would be a biggest sin ever .....

    as Usual , I enjoy it a lot.

    I didn't know about Beethoven's addiction for counting coffee beans ... I only knew about his strong love for leaded wine... to sweeten his life a bit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're keeping your blog and will continue to peruse my blog posts... thank you. You are one of the very few who still visits and comments. Since I've not done much on Illustration Friday the past few years I've lost many viewers... Instagram seems to feed into itself more readily.
      I'll keep this up as well.
      ...and, as well, my understanding is that Beethoven would start his creative composing ventures by dunking his head entirely in a bucket of cold water; certainly would get the juices flowing one would assume...

      Delete