Artwork & Words © Richard Ewing all rights reserved

Artwork & Words © Richard Ewing all rights reserved

Friday, September 18, 2009

DAMN YANKEES (...throes of) part 13

Specs and sizing. Not the most exciting aspect of this process, but one CAN get into all that math... for a bit. A little bit. a little tiny bit. I was pleased to find that my recap thumbnail, used for the value studies, was nearly exact in terms of proportion for the individual pieces, and down the road, the final art. This seems to be a skill that one acquires with years of drawing, much like when one wears no wristwatch for an extended period -you become fairly good at guesstimating the time of day. I forgot to bring a ruler with me to Peet's and had to then fashion my own from a bookmark...(I didn't forget to bring the book I was reading --just the necessary tools... what does that tell you about me? ...never mind.)
This way of going from prelim to final is a bit on the rigid side, but most art directors love it... No surprises! Give an art director who loves and promotes spontaneity any time! So few and far between.
Jackson may vary in his final size, as space will allow. Next step will be transfer and then inking.

















© Richard Ewing all rights reserved

Below is Mach two of the value study. Same thing just further exploration & wider value range. I will need to flesh out what little there is of Traveller once all the images are placed. His mane is mainly dark. Near as I can tell he has two 'L's in his name; which I believe is the British spelling of our 'traveler'... I assume the general chose this to match the two 'E's in his own surname: Lee... Otherwise tidiness would dictate he abbreviate his family name to Le. Robert E. Le. Making him Asian. That would require some leap of faith.












© Richard Ewing all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment