Artwork & Words © Richard Ewing all rights reserved

Artwork & Words © Richard Ewing all rights reserved

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Coffee Mugs

Although Phrenology as a true science has been debunked since the mid 19th century, the "detailed study of the shape and size of the cranium as an indication of character and mental abilities" has somewhat found a home the world of caricature. Here, we caricaturists violently manipulate that skull in order to expose a more accurate truth of a person's character.
...and yes, sometimes even their mental abilities.


© Richard Ewing all rights reserved

© Richard Ewing all rights reserved

© Richard Ewing all rights reserved
Thank you and enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. second one- so nice. expressive and quiet- a contained dynamic fury of activity must be going on locked behind those fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're correct;
    ~~he was doing a crossword puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first one is my favorite - the composition is so strong. I like the figure's profile and how the contour dances with the edge of the paper. The negative shapes are very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the top one, well I like them all, but my head feels flat this morning too. I am also enjoying all the "muscle/body" tension drawn into (or out of) the subjects.

    ReplyDelete