Artwork & Words © Richard Ewing all rights reserved

Artwork & Words © Richard Ewing all rights reserved

Sunday, May 8, 2011

IF ...beginner

Can you take me back where I came from? Can you take me back?
Can you take me back where I came from? Brother can you take me back?
Can you take me back?
We all began somewhere; a 14 year old Paul McCartney traded his nickel-plated trumpet for a £15 Framus Zenith Model 17 acoustic guitar and the rest was history.

© Richard Ewing all rights reserved

© Richar
d Ewing all rights reserved

© Richard Ewing all rights reserved

© Richard Ewing all rights reserved

© Richard Ewing all rights reserved

© Richard Ewing all rights reserved
Thank you and enjoy.

8 comments:

  1. And Sir Paul continues to make history. I like how you've exaggerated the scale of his guitar. It reinforces the boyish charm of this doe-eyed mop head. Long Live Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bright young lad still has his boyish charm. I really like the drawing in the eyes, nose, mouth area: a controled exaggeration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And please let me add ... your palette is really nice. I like how you've rendered the guitar. The face is happy – probably can't believe it's luck for landing in Paul's hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Even as a kid... I recognized Paul! You really nailed those eyes and his boyish looks. Another gem Richard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful..... I like your use of angular lines in the guitar and Paul's face...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This a really strong rendering. I like the value contrast and the richness of the color.

    The boyishness youthful energy is well illustrated..who knew where such such a humble beginning would lead?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that trade worked out best for everyone. I really like this one, especially hands, hair, and eyes. Always like the sketches too.

    ReplyDelete