Artwork & Words © Richard Ewing all rights reserved

Artwork & Words © Richard Ewing all rights reserved

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Coffee Mugs

The eyes may be the windows to the soul, but if you pay attention, HANDS are the turnstile to the brain. There is often more to be gleaned from hand gestures (both relaxed and active) than one can gather from any of those squinty, beady, furtive, googley, roley~poley orbs of jello.
...when the situation is at hand, you'll see what I mean.

© Richard Ewing. All rights reserved.

© Richard Ewing. All rights reserved.

© Richard Ewing. All rights reserved.

© Richard Ewing. All rights reserved.
Thank you, and enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Nice variations on line color. The top one looks just like the Duke of Edingburgh. Hands do seem to have a certain independance and give things away that the mouth and eyes don't, although remaining connected to the brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great. Now I not only have to watch my mouth, I have to watch my hands too? I'm in big trouble.

    I admire how you you always pay such close attention to your subjects. No detail gets by you, which must be key to your brilliant caricatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great group of caricatures. Your observation skills are amazing.

    The Asian man is my favorite, not only because the form of the head and glasses is spot on but because of the variety of the line quality and the contrast between the dense drawn space and the empty space.

    I also love the laughing man. you captured the gesture of the belly laugh beautifully.It looks as if he might loose one or two of his buttons.

    ReplyDelete