Artwork & Words © Richard Ewing all rights reserved

Artwork & Words © Richard Ewing all rights reserved

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Coffee Mugs

A few people have recently inquired about the media I use for these caricatures; I use a roller ball pen, usually Uni-ball --and I have three varied weights:  fine, micro and ultra micro. ...sometimes I use a bit of brush-pen (Pigma brush).  The paper is from a regular Canson hardbound sketchbook (5.5 in x 8.5in).  
There is no pencil line, I go direct with ink.
~come what may.
 © Richard Ewing.  All rights reserved.
 © Richard Ewing.  All rights reserved.
 © Richard Ewing.  All rights reserved.
© Richard Ewing.  All rights reserved.
Thank you and enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Helpful Information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just amazing how you come up with so many unique personalities with these things! The pen work is beautiful. Might have to give those a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work...Its not the pen and materials that make these sketches good....Its how they are used...and that comes from a lot of practise. I occasionally use a Uniball eye pen to give me a different feel from fountain pens and nibs...The uniballs seem very silky and move quickly...as opposed to the nibs roughness...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very kind. thank you.
      One of the reasons I like Uni-ball pens is that their ink is waterproof. I like the calligraphy of the fountain pens, but usually find the ink is not water resistant.
      I can't, then, cry over my mistakes.

      .

      Delete