Artwork & Words © Richard Ewing all rights reserved

Artwork & Words © Richard Ewing all rights reserved

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Coffee Mugs

Being found out is not a happy eventuality. Over time I've learned to indirectly look at my victim subject, and feign drawing something else in the same general direction. I gladly risk appearing to be a rather dull artist as oftentimes the thing I'm feigning to draw is something like a wastebasket or bologna sandwich. Still and all, if it keeps me incognito, it's well worth it. I have had some close calls though...

© Richard Ewing all rights reserved

This rather large bulky fellow below seemed fairly aware that I was drawing something, and it wasn't his bologna sandwich; he kept shifting, clearing his throat and throwing me the stink-eye... I went as far as I could before losing my nerve and...

© Richard Ewing all rights reserved

I resorted to drawing this little old man instead.

© Richard Ewing all rights reserved

Thank you and enjoy. (50th post!)

3 comments:

  1. Insighful. The guy at the top looks abit fustrated. Was he in a mandated meeting carrying 10 years of mandated meeting baggage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What continually amazes me about your work, Rick, is that every line, every mark is intentional and purposeful. There are no erasures, no "mistakes". Every coffee mug is expressive and perfect. So zen!

    ReplyDelete