Artwork & Words © Richard Ewing all rights reserved

Artwork & Words © Richard Ewing all rights reserved

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

IF ...kernel

The kernel of genius inside the smash comedy album "My Son the Nut" was none other than Allan Sherman who, with his 'Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah' and other parodies, kept America in stitches for months... His fame was somewhat short lived as, soon after, his formula lost fire and sales dropped dramatically. Still, his influence lives on into the 21st century.
"Hail to thee, fat person... you kept us out of war!"
© Richard Ewing. All rights reserved.
© Richard Ewing. All rights reserved.
© Richard Ewing. All rights reserved.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !
© Richard Ewing. All rights reserved.

© Richard Ewing. All rights reserved.
Thank you and enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha! The nerdy glasses are priceless. Tnis, combined with the way you rendered his hair is very funny. Who could resist memorizing the words to his songs? Certainly not me. Oh great, now I've got the 'Hello muhda, hello fahda' soundtrack looping in my head. Thanks for the very fond memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Mardi said...now I've got it stuck in MY head--cuz at the sight of your Alan Sherman, I can almost hear him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, totally loving the extra sketch stage. (Or I could be imagining it. But I think you added one!) Love his face and suit. And those great hands. And such precise sketches, dang!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazingly good work...I remember listening to 'Hello Muddah, hello Faddah' on Radio One on Sunday mornings in England when I was a kid...the whole family laughed together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh geez, I couldn't remember the song when I first read what you wrote, but as I read the comments, it came back to me and now I'm not sure if I'll get rid of it again! I agree with Mardi. Love the hair and glasses.

    ReplyDelete