Artwork & Words © Richard Ewing all rights reserved

Artwork & Words © Richard Ewing all rights reserved

Sunday, January 16, 2011

IF ...chicken

When trouble comes a~knockin' we all count on the strong arm of the law to nip it! Nip it! Nip it in the bud! Don Knotts was unsurpassable as the law's favorite son: Barney Fife ~fearless of nothing. ...as Dylan once said, "the sun ain't yellow, it's chicken"!

© Richard Ewing all rights reserved

© Richard Ewing all rights reserved

© Richard Ewing all rights reserved

© Richard Ewing all rights reserved

© Richard Ewing all rights reserved
Thank you and enjoy.

8 comments:

  1. What a knucklehead he was! WONDERFUL carickature, Rick. I like your palette, and how you've pushed the color around. It has a nice feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking how soft and painterly this is. I knew who it right a way, which is something since there is so much distortion...maybe it is the hat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent take on the word, Richard. I especially loved him in the movie, "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I think you're pretty stylish and I have an award for you! Please visit me, where you may find it and share with other blogging friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Illustration. and enjoy the colors really enjoy the style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mr. Ewing! Another remarkable twist on the topic and on the character. Barney was my favorite! Hey did you know that Don Knotts was in a movie called ‘The Ghost and Mr. CHICKEN?” Thanks for another terrific post. :o)

    ReplyDelete